Interaction Designer (FTE/CTR)
You love collaborating early and often with clients, project managers, fellow designers and engineers to create compelling and intuitive user experience solutions. As an advocate for the user, you blend strong functional design and usability skills with the unique ability to find order in chaos, simplifying complex concepts for clients, design teams, and engineers. Mutual Mobile is looking for an Interaction Designer to work alongside the client services, design and technology teams.
- Leading user requirements collection and analysis, as well as further competitive research, usability testing, and conceptual modeling, mind mapping, to design well thought out user interfaces
- Producing deliverables such as user requirements specifications, user personas, product prototypes, and storyboards
- Defining and scoping project timelines for yourself and others with an innate sense of keeping things on schedule and efficient
- Thoroughly communicating steps of the interaction design process to an entire team, from early research findings, to conceptual ideas, and finally detailed design rationale
- Ability to absorb existing systems and build onto them to create seamless experiences
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables
- 3+ years of user interface design experience (preferably agency experience)
- BS/BA in Design, HCI or related degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize individual tasks to best meet deadlines
- Experience in research and requirements gathering
- Unique perspective and design approach, bringing fresh eyes and opinions to each new project
- Knowledge of mobile and web user interface design best practices, with the ability to apply them to mobile and touch applications
- Both strong personal time management to work well alone, and the ability to collaborate on an interdisciplinary team
- Expert level knowledge of relevant industry tools
- Unyielding passion for creating the best digital products in the industry
- Proven risk-taking in design that leads to a perfect balance of innovation and usability
Applicants must provide a portfolio with examples of mobile work and large-scale, web-based applications.
Why work for Mutual Mobile? We make great products. We craft beautiful mobile interfaces and solve complex software challenges. Clients such as Autotrader.com, Union Bank, Softcard and Pearson come to us for our deep experience in mobile — from establishing a mobile strategy that provides impactful business value, to building those solutions from the ground up. We bring together the brightest minds in interactive & visual design, engineering, and business management to deliver solutions that actually matter.
You’ll love working here, because this isn’t a company of silos. Team members are empowered and encouraged to pursue cool ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. We won’t subject you to our current systems and processes - we would love it if instead you would help to improve them. We know you’re smart, and that you love learning new technologies--so you’ll be able to work on a variety of Android projects with many different types of people.
Mutual Mobile History