Mutual Mobile is a world leading agency in mobile and emerging technology innovation and is looking for an accomplished and capable iOS Architect to join the team! We have built our success through timely bets on emerging technology and rapid execution of targeted marketing campaigns and skills development. This approach has resulted in a list of premier clients that come to us to build innovative experiences using emerging technology (Nike, Google, GM, Nestle, UnderArmour). We’ve seen this happen with Android, iOS, Wearables and IoT. We continue to evolve - it’s in our DNA - we stay on the forefront of innovation.
As an iOS Architect at Mutual Mobile, you will be a liaison between the engineering teams and customer facing teams (like PMs, Sales, Accounts, etc) and will set technical direction for the department by researching and recommending best practices and frameworks to keep the department current on Android with the marketplace. You will guide project teams by creating technical designs, writing user stories, and grooming the backlog. You will promote and champion best technical practices with both our clients and the development team, with a focus on both tactical and strategic development of the team. You will perform code reviews, triage bugs, and manage releases. You will absolutely play a role in managing the customer relationship. And, you get to code.
You will excel in this position if:
- You have shipped very high-quality iOS apps
- You’re an active coder and you love to code plus your code elicits highest compliments from others and displays continuous improvement.
- You enjoy working with different types of people and practice servant leadership
- You have a great eye for User Interface and Visual Design
- You can design, mock-up and code deliverables such as APIs and backend (like GPS, REST, or DB services) and front-end (like highly polished UIs, animations, and transitions).
- You’re a kind, pragmatic communicator with an good knowledge of an Agile and Scrum environment.
- You are a stellar team player who can own a project (or more!) and have proven experience leading other cross-functional project team members when needed.
- You collaborate with non-technical folks (PMs, Sales, Design, QA) as easily as you do with engineers.
- You are familiar with the technology events landscape, have demonstrated social and professional technology engagement via blogs, public speaking events, Twitter or StackOverflow.
- You have a strong track record of contributing to open source code on GitHub or any other.
- You understand at least 2-3 complex technologies like OpenGL, BLE, Location based tech, Speech recognition, AR/VR, etc and are willing to constantly develop new expertise areas.
It would be awesome if:
- You clearly understand Test Driven Development and can mentor other engineers on when code needs to be wrapped with unit, integration, and system tests.
- You closely follow emerging technology in the mobile industry
- You clearly understand the SOLID principles, dependency injection, mocking, and domain modeling techniques.
- You have the ability to architect an entire software system and you can clearly communicate the architecture to both the team and to the customer.
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams across distributed locations worldwide.
- You know how to be a champion for all things Apple and iOS, evangelize the platform internally and externally and be capable of making connections that drive business and hiring when needed.
Why work for Mutual Mobile? We make great products. We craft beautiful mobile interfaces and solve complex software challenges. Clients such as Disney, Audi and Google come to us for our deep experience in mobile — from establishing a mobile strategy that provides impactful business value, to building those solutions from the ground up. We bring together the brightest minds in interactive & visual design, engineering, and business management to deliver solutions that actually matter.
You’ll love working here, because this isn’t a company of silos. Team members are empowered and encouraged to pursue cool ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. We won’t subject you to our current systems and processes - we would love it if instead you would help to improve them. We know you’re smart, and that you love learning new technologies--so you’ll be able to work on a variety of projects with many different types of people.