As a User Experience Lead at Mutual Mobile you will provide User Experience design leadership to develop concepts, designs and experiences. You will bring vision and design leadership to help generate ideas and create beautiful designs that turn into working software. You’ll work with a talented team of designers and collaborate within cross functional project teams to shape product solutions and bring them to market.
A little about us:
- We take pride in our ability to bring full end to end solution to our clients. From strategy, user insights, design, engineering and testing. We have a strong team and work like a family. We’re not cocky and welcome new ideas and have room to grow and improve.
- Our designers, engineers, and project management work collaboratively and literally sit side-by-side, everyday from the beginning to the end of a project. We think this is incredibly valuable, not only to the quality of a product, but also to the day-to-day experience of the team.
- We work on a variety of client engagements from large Fortune 500 brands to new technology start-ups. We take pride in our ability to bring our laser-focus to solutions that bring value to our clients and their customers regardless of engagement size or the unique problem we are trying to solve.
A little about you:
- You have a strong foundation in the fundamentals of user-centered experience design, interaction design, user research and usability testing, information architecture, content strategy and the overall creative process.
- You have a solid understanding of the constraints and opportunities with the leading mobile platforms and digital technologies including; iOS, Android, tablets, Web, and wearables.
- You have experience working with developers and engineers to help move products beyond blue sky concepts into actual shipped software.
- You can promote, and help us perfect, the integration of agile techniques into our design team’s process.
- You have experience mentoring other designers to help them develop. You understand the importance of fostering individual growth for each one on your team and providing them with constructive feedback that’s candid yet encouraging.
- You will help determine scope, schedule and product delivery roadmaps with other discipline team leads.
- You understand the principles of Lean UX, believe wholeheartedly in the scientific method, and just can't leave well enough alone.
- You've got at least 5-8 years of professional design in tech industry, and 2-3 years experience leading UX on a mobile project.
- BS/BA in Design, HCI or related degree.
- You have conducted a design workshop with clients - worked with clients to establish requirements, design ideas, learn about customers etc...
- You have substantial experience interfacing directly with a client, and know how to navigate sensitive client conversations.
- Expertise in Sketch.
- Experience leading/mentoring a team of designers.
- Collaborated and worked with research/user researchers, or have done research in conjunction with a design project
- Ability to work in fast pace environments, stay flexible, open minded and nimble. You are able to roll with the punches and think fast on your feet.
- You understand Agile development principles and are willing to work in an iterative design process (you work fast and can take criticism).
- At least 2 years experience as a senior designer at top digital agency or similar role
Applicants must provide a portfolio with examples of mobile work (wireframes, app maps etc.), large-scale software solutions, and/or web-based applications.
Why work for Mutual Mobile? We make great products. We craft beautiful mobile interfaces and solve complex software challenges. Clients such as HEB, Google, lynda.com, Citi, Nike, and Under Armour come to us for our deep experience in mobile and emerging technology — from establishing a mobile strategy that provides impactful business value, to building those solutions from the ground up. We bring together the brightest minds in interactive & visual design, engineering, and business management to deliver solutions that actually matter.
You’ll love working here, because this isn’t a company of silos. Team members are empowered and encouraged to pursue cool ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. If your passion extends beyond the role, we’ll invite your views and assistance with improving our culture, systems and processes. We know you’re smart, and that you love learning new technologies--so you’ll be able to work on a variety of projects with many different types of people.