Project Manager II
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing and motivating Agile project teams through the software development lifecycle. The Project Manager II will be accountable for on-time, on-budget, high quality software project deliveries. This position also requires a high degree of collaboration with the leaders of teams such as design, development, operations, and quality assurance. The Project Manager II is the primary point of contact for our clients and team members and can effectively communicate project information to all key stakeholders.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Independently manage projects with intermediate levels of scope and complexity, including projects with multiple work streams, integration points, dependencies, aggressive schedules, etc ...
- Define the project plan, conducts Agile ceremonies and client communications, and builds resource plans
- Directly communicate with client to manage delivery of the work product in accordance with client expectations specified in the Statement of Work
- Conduct Agile ceremonies including Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, and Sprint Demos
- Direct the activities of cross-functional team members on assigned projects, to include Design, Software Development, and Quality Assurance.
- Ensure project details are accurately reflected in Mutual Mobile business systems
- Interface with clients to communicate project information (i.e. status, budget, risks, issues, dependencies)
- Develop and maintain all project artifacts including project charters, status reports, project plans, issue logs and change orders, etc.
- Contribute to defining the scope of the project with the project team, client, and other stakeholders during the Discovery phase
- Drive project delivery through effective use of internal team and client meetings
- Maintain a realistic budget & sustain target margins, schedule, and team management plans
Qualifications and Experience Required
Candidates must exhibit an understanding of Project Management, Agile principles and SCRUM practices and demonstrate a fundamental proficiency in managing scope, budget, and schedule.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Delivered consumer-facing products
- Managed teams with 5-7 team members and a $250,000 annual budget
- 5+ years experience managing cross-functional projects, preferably in a consulting or agency environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, facilitation, prioritization and decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to motivate a project team and inspire teamwork without direct reporting authority
- Successful history of working with clients including experience in setting and managing expectations
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle, mobile and/or web technologies and development processes
- Experience with managing the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components
- Working knowledge of contract interpretation
- Preferably hands-on experience with JIRA or Confluence
- At least one of the following: Certified ScrumMaster, Certified Scrum Product Owner, Certified Scrum Professional, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)
Why work for Mutual Mobile? We make great products. We craft beautiful user experiences and solve complex software challenges. Clients such as The Economist, Union Bank, Under Armour and BlueCross come to us for our deep experience in building great products with emerging technologies. We establish strategies that provide impactful business value and work to build those solutions from the ground up. We bring together the brightest minds in interactive & visual design, software development, and business management to deliver solutions that matter.
You’ll love working here, because this isn’t a company of silos. Team members are empowered and encouraged to pursue cool ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. We won’t subject you to our current systems and processes - we would love it if instead you would help to improve them. We know you’re smart, and that you love learning new technologies--so you’ll be able to work on a variety of projects with many different types of people.Mutual Mobile History