Senior Android Engineer
Mutual Mobile is a world leading agency in mobile and emerging technology innovation and we are looking for an accomplished and capable Senior Android Engineer to join our team! We have built our success through timely bets on emerging technology and rapid execution of targeted marketing campaigns and skills development. This approach has resulted in a list of premier clients that come to us to build innovative experiences using emerging technology (Nike, Google, GM, Nestle, UnderArmour). We’ve seen this happen with Android, iOS, Wearables and IoT. We continue to evolve - it’s in our DNA - we stay on the forefront of innovation.
As a Senior Android Engineer at Mutual Mobile, you will be a technical lead and mentor. You will guide project teams by creating technical designs, writing user stories, and helping the PM with grooming the backlog. You will promote and champion best technical practices with both our clients and the development team. You will perform code reviews, triage bugs, and manage releases. You can even help to manage the customer relationship. And, you get to code.
You will excel in this position if:
- You have at least 5 years of professional development experience.
- You’re an active coder and you love to code.
- You have an eye for User Interface and Visual Design and can make strong recommendations based on Android Interface design guidelines.
- You can design, mock up and code deliverables such as APIs and back-ends (like GPS, REST, or DB services) and front-end (like pixel-perfect UIs, animations, and transitions).
- You’re a kind, pragmatic communicator with a working knowledge of an Agile and Scrum environment.
- You are a stellar team player and have proven experience leading other project team engineers when needed.
- Your code elicits compliments from others and displays continuous improvement.
It would be awesome if:
- You clearly understand Test Driven Development and can identify when code needs to be wrapped with unit, integration, and system tests.
- You have many years of experience with writing Java
- You closely follow emerging technology in the mobile industry, especially everything from Google and on Android.
- You clearly understand the SOLID principles, dependency injection, mocking, and domain modeling techniques.
- You have an inclination for delivering tech talks, writing blogs, regularly participating in technology events and being an evangelist for your platform.
- You have the ability to architect an entire software system and you can clearly communicate the architecture to both the team and to the customer.
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams across several countries, as you’ll need to work with everyone--clients, PMs, UX/UI designers, QA, server devs, and mobile web devs.
- You understand at least 1-2 complex technologies like OpenGL, BLE, Location based tech, Speech recognition, Augmented Reality, etc.
Why work for Mutual Mobile? We make great products. We craft beautiful mobile interfaces and solve complex software challenges. Clients such as Autotrader.com, Union Bank, Softcard and Pearson come to us for our deep experience in mobile — from establishing a mobile strategy that provides impactful business value, to building those solutions from the ground up. We bring together the brightest minds in interactive & visual design, engineering, and business management to deliver solutions that actually matter.
You’ll love working here, because this isn’t a company of silos. Team members are empowered and encouraged to pursue cool ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. We won’t subject you to our current systems and processes - we would love it if instead you would help to improve them. We know you’re smart, and that you love learning new technologies--so you’ll be able to work on a variety of Android projects with many different types of people.