Sr. Unity Engineer, XR
Mutual Mobile is a world leading agency in mobile and emerging technology innovation. We are looking for an accomplished and capable Sr. Engineer who will focus on Extended Reality (XR): Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and Mixed Reality. This individual will be responsible for delivery of XR work for clients under the leadership of a Project Manager and Technical Lead.
We have built our success through timely bets on emerging technology and rapid execution of targeted marketing campaigns and skills development. This approach has resulted in a list of premier clients that come to us to build innovative experiences using emerging technology (Nike, Google, GM, Nestle, UnderArmour). We’ve seen this happen with iOS, Android, Wearables and IoT. We continue to evolve - it’s in our DNA - we stay on the forefront of innovation. Now, in 2017, we stand at the foot of a massive transition in emerging technology with the growth of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Voice, Bots, and more. We are ready to embrace these changes and to help our clients make the most of the opportunities they bring.
As a Unity Engineer, XR, here’s what you will do at Mutual Mobile:
- Create VR/AR/MR experiences for mobile and PC consumer VR systems (Vive, Rift, Cardboard, Daydream, Playstation VR, etc.) using Unity and other tools as appropriate.
- Execute technical spikes and rapid prototyping of concepts.
- Contribute estimates, sprint planning, and regular updates to Scrum project teams.
- Collaborate with other engineers as they work to develop their skills in Unity and other XR development technologies.
- Write clean, well documented, testable code following SOLID principles.
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail, excellent communication, and high quality of work.
Who you are & what you bring to the table:
- Professional mastery of Unity and C#.
- Strong understanding of UX design challenges and best practices in XR.
- High level of skill collaborating with other developers through direct communication, version control software (we use Git), issue tracking (Jira is our tool), etc.
- Expertise in Unity and related tools for building XR experiences for Vive, Oculus, Gear VR, Daydream, Hololens, ARKit, Windows Mixed Reality, Playstation VR, and/or other major XR platforms.
- Good understanding of XR and how it can be applied in a variety of circumstances.
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with only a moderate degree of oversight.
- Enthusiasm for sharing your expertise and helping others to improve their skills.
Additional skills considered a plus:
- 3D art asset production.
- Computer Vision.
- Mobile development (iOS/Android).
Why work for Mutual Mobile? We make great products. We craft beautiful interfaces and solve complex software challenges. Clients such as Google, lynda.com, Citi, Nike, and Under Armour come to us for our deep experience in mobile and emerging technology — from establishing a mobile and emerging technology strategy that provides strong business value to building those solutions from the ground up. We bring together the brightest minds in interactive & visual design, engineering, and business management to deliver solutions that actually matter.
You’ll love working here, because this isn’t a company of silos. Team members are encouraged to pursue cool ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. If your passion extends beyond the role, we’ll invite your views and assistance with improving our culture, systems and processes. We hire smart people who love learning new technologies, so you’ll be able to work on a variety of projects with many different types of people.