Program Manager, XR
Mutual Mobile is a world leading agency in mobile and emerging technology innovation. We are looking for an accomplished and capable Digital Program Manager to focus on Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and Mixed Reality. This individual will be responsible for managing the delivery of XR (Extended Reality) work for our clients.
What it's like to be a Program Manager, XR at Mutual Mobile:
The Program Manager is responsible for Mutual Mobile’s largest and most complex engagements. Unlike a project, a well-run program should never end. It has a fixed vision, not a fixed scope, and the successful Program Manager will understand that vision and continuously organize the cross-discipline team to deliver consistent velocity towards the vision. This means simultaneously ensuring good velocity in sprints, the creation of additional backlog towards that vision, and managing client expectations and alignment.
He/she works closely with Client Services in overseeing multiple projects for client(s). This position requires a high degree of collaboration with the leaders across client service, design, engineering, and our internal operations. The Program Manager is a primary point of contact for our clients and team members on defining program frameworks to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The Program Manager provides support and guidance to Project Managers and Client Services to ensure project delivery success.
- Manage program budget, verifying invoicing, defining new projects during pursuits
- Effectively communicate project information to all key stakeholders, including C-level
- Manage the project lifecycle of multiple simultaneous XR projects’ production from start to finish using Scrum and other agile methodologies. Oversee and mentor project managers who do the same
- Work closely with the Client Services team to create proposals and align team’s commitments to its capabilities and existing work
- Define the scope of projects with the project team, client, and other stakeholders during project initiation and/or pursuits
- Lead internal teams and clients through the Discovery process to set projects up for a successful Delivery phase
- Oversee the planning and execution of projects, team resourcing, and production schedules
- Communicate program information (e.g. status, budget, risks, issues, dependencies) to clients
- Partner with Account Directors to verify invoicing, interpret contract obligations, make program strategy decisions and recommendations
- Keep up to date on current hardware, software and platform trends in the XR market
- Innovate within the XR group and contribute to defining best practices
- Work closely with other cross-functional teams (design, animation, video, Unity and Unreal development); build and maintain valuable internal relationships
- Expert project management with a proven track record of successfully delivering creative, customer facing products
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 12+ years experience managing cross-functional projects, preferably in a consulting or agency environment
- Experience delivering consumer-facing products
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and programs in fast-paced environments
- Managed teams with 10-20 team members and up to $5M annual budget
- Experience managing the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components
- Expert understanding of Project Management, Agile principles and SCRUM practices.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, facilitation, prioritization and decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to motivate a project team and inspire teamwork without direct reporting authority
- Be an experienced emerging technology enthusiast
- Solid understanding of production and post-production workflows, budgeting & resource planning. Game/interactive/film development experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of contract interpretation and contract management
- At least one of the following: Certified ScrumMaster, Certified Scrum Product Owner, Certified Scrum Professional, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Hands-on experience with JIRA and or Confluence is a plus
Why work for us? We have built our success through timely bets on emerging technology and rapid execution of targeted marketing campaigns and skills development. This approach has resulted in a list of premier clients that come to us to build innovative experiences using emerging technology (Nike, Google, GM, Nestle, UnderArmour). We’ve seen this happen with iOS, Android, Wearables and IoT. We continue to evolve - it’s in our DNA - we stay on the forefront of innovation. Now, in 2017, we stand at the foot of a massive transition in emerging technology with the growth of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Voice, Bots, and more. We are ready to embrace these changes and to help our clients make the most of the opportunities they bring.
You will love working here, because this isn’t a company of silos. Team members are encouraged to pursue cool ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. If your passion extends beyond the role, we’ll invite your views and assistance with improving our culture, systems and processes. We hire smart people who love learning new technologies, so you will be able to work on a variety of projects with many different types of people.
Mutual Mobile History