Senior QA Engineer, Mobile Application Testing
Mutual Mobile is a world leading agency in mobile and emerging technology innovation. We are growing rapidly and currently looking for a dynamic Senior QA Engineer to join our team!
We have built our success through timely bets on emerging technology and rapid execution of targeted marketing campaigns and skills development. This approach has resulted in a list of premier clients that come to us to build innovative experiences using emerging technology (Nike, Google, GM, Nestle, UnderArmour). We’ve seen this happen with iOS, Android, Wearables and IoT and we continue to evolve - it’s in our DNA - we stay on the forefront of innovation.
As a Senior QA Engineer at Mutual Mobile,
- You will ensure the success and perfection of our mobile applications.
- You’ll demand a high standard for excellence as you build and execute our test cases.
- You’ll collaborate with brilliant designers and developers to ensure our products are fully tested and working perfectly.
- With a mind for leadership, you’ll spearhead the growth and development of our fast-growing QA department and manage, mentor and lead a team of QA Engineers on multiple projects.
- You’ll utilize your experience and creativity to define test strategy, write and execute test cases for mobile software applications.
- You’ll solve difficult problems and learn new technologies along the way.
- You’ll think outside of the box as you automate the testing process using test harnesses and automated test tools.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll devise test plans and participate in cross-functional SCRUMs, likely for multiple projects running concurrently. You'll perform extensive functional, integration, system, regression, and UI testing. You'll produce status reports, contribute to Sprint planning sessions, and review usage reports and project plans. You'll author test cases and test mobile applications on a variety of mobile devices.
To be a successful QA Engineer, you will need experience with:
- At least 3 years of hands-on QA testing experience
- Extensive experience testing environment configuration, functionality, compatibility, and integration of mobile applications.
- You’ve worked in a fast-paced, agile environment that has demanded a flexible & proactive attitude.
- You’re able to balance multiple releases while prioritizing tasks effectively.
- You can demonstrate a firm grasp of debugging, reviewing log captures, and testing concepts.
- Ability to derive testable acceptance criteria from user stories or requirements.
- You possess the technical depth to understand system architecture, mobile technology, testing techniques, testing design, and how each of these impact quality assurance.
- Utilize your strong background and knowledge in QA to efficiently and effectively scale your efforts according to project constraints.
- Defect management: detailed bug reporting, tracking and managing
- Planning test efforts for projects: evaluate project, develop test strategy & test plans
- Agile Development - iterative development, scrum framework, kanban framework
- Using test tools : Test case management systems, Defect tracking systems, Build delivery tools.
Why work for Mutual Mobile? We make great products. We craft beautiful mobile interfaces and solve complex software challenges. Clients such as HEB, Google, lynda.com, Citi, Nike, and Under Armour come to us for our deep experience in mobile and emerging technology — from establishing a mobile strategy that provides impactful business value, to building those solutions from the ground up. We bring together the brightest minds in interactive & visual design, engineering, and business management to deliver solutions that actually matter.
You’ll love working here, because this isn’t a company of silos. Team members are empowered and encouraged to pursue cool ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. If your passion extends beyond the role, we’ll invite your views and assistance with improving our culture, systems and processes. We know you’re smart, and that you love learning new technologies--so you’ll be able to work on a variety of projects with many different types of people.