Senior Android Engineer
Mutual Mobile is a world leading agency in mobile and emerging technology innovation and we are looking for an accomplished and capable Senior Android Engineer to join our team!
We have built our success through timely bets on emerging technology and rapid execution of targeted marketing campaigns and skills development. This approach has resulted in a list of premier clients that come to us to build innovative experiences using emerging technology (Nike, Google, GM, Nestle, UnderArmour). We’ve seen this happen with iOS, Android, Wearables and IoT. We continue to evolve - it’s in our DNA - we stay on the forefront of innovation. Now, in 2017, we stand at the foot of a massive transition in emerging technology with the growth of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Voice, Bots, and more. We are ready to embrace these changes and to help our clients make the most of the opportunities they bring.
As a Senior Android Engineer at Mutual Mobile, you will be a technical lead and mentor. You will be depended upon to follow best practice and set the technical direction of a project. You will act as ambassador of the Android platform and the engineering team in interactions both with other departments and with clients. You will work on cross-discipline teams in close collaboration with design, QA, and PMO to build beautiful apps at high quality and on schedule. You will participate in meetings that make project decisions, conduct code reviews, and be an active participate in the application development lifecycle. You will learn from your peers and grow as a professional in your field. You will write code you can be proud of and be challenged to solve difficult problems.
As a Senior Android Engineer at Mutual Mobile you will:
- Act as Android team lead for a project charged with defining and implementing the application architecture
- Mentor junior team members
- Advocate for Android requirements and design on a cross-functional team
- Provide thought leadership and make contributions to continually improve the Android department
- Conduct code reviews for your peers’ and learn from code reviews of your own code
You will excel in this position if:
- You have at least 5 years of professional app development experience.
- You have a passion for Android and are excited to advocate for the platform
- You are comfortable working in close collaboration with other disciplines including design, QA, and PM
- You understand the principles of Material Design and can make strong recommendations for the Android experience
- You have a strong understanding of object oriented programming and modern architectural design
- You have source control discipline and are comfortable using git flow
- You stay abreast of the latest Android libraries from Google and third party developers and can offer well formed opinions when selecting a tech stack
- You can engage in technical discussions with peers with an open mind and a view towards the best outcome for the project
- You are experienced in handling both legacy code and green field projects and can make technical recommendations based on the needs of the project
- You have strong communication skills
- You have worked as part of a Scrum team and understand Agile methodologies
- You have practical knowledge of the mobile development lifecycle
- You are a team player and are comfortable acting as either a leader or a member of a project team
Why work for Mutual Mobile? We make great products. We craft beautiful mobile interfaces and solve complex software challenges. Clients such as HEB, Google, lynda.com, Citi, Nike, and Under Armour come to us for our deep experience in mobile and emerging technology — from establishing a mobile strategy that provides impactful business value, to building those solutions from the ground up. We bring together the brightest minds in interactive & visual design, engineering, and business management to deliver solutions that actually matter.
You’ll love working here, because this isn’t a company of silos. Team members are empowered and encouraged to pursue cool ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. If your passion extends beyond the role, we’ll invite your views and assistance with improving our culture, systems and processes. We know you’re smart, and that you love learning new technologies--so you’ll be able to work on a variety of projects with many different types of people.