As a Creative/Design Director at Mutual Mobile you will lead a passionate group of individuals into a highly functional team. You value the power of great Design, incredible craftsmanship, professional discipline, and being a self-starter. Every day you are inspired by being a key part of creating amazing, mobile-oriented software that makes a positive difference in people's lives.
You will be developing the vision for a full suite of digital, mobile and web products needed to deliver a deep omni-channel experience for one of our largest clients. On a daily basis you will be responsible for leading a strong team of visual and user experience designers to develop and present next-generation ideas, concepts and solutions for your client partners. You know how to present your team’s work in an inspiring way, how to validate your work with user research, how to work with a cross functional team of architects and engineers, and you can drop down into the work to help out on a deadline when you have to.This is a key leadership position and an important role within Mutual Mobile, where we strive for continuous improvement and evolution - Design is no exception. You will need to embody the high standards we set with your visual and experience expertise and help us continue to raise the bar for bringing amazing product solutions to the market. Your personality and vision are essential ingredients in helping shape the future of Mutual Mobile and the Design team alike.
A little about you:
- You have a proven track record of world-class, creative work and inspiring the same type of work from others.
- You have a proven ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously, under deadlines and changing environments
- You are excited about the opportunity to manage and ensure the growth of individual team members.
- You have proven experience with client management and engagement.
- You have as a robust background including product development.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You have a strong foundation in the fundamentals of visual design, typography, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process.
- You have a solid understanding of the constraints and opportunities with the leading mobile platforms and digital technologies including; iOS, Android, tablets, Web, and wearables.
- You have experience working with developers and engineers to help move products beyond blue sky concepts into actual shipped software.
- You’ve worked in fast pace environments. You are able to stay flexible, open minded, and nimble. You are able to roll with the punches and think fast on your feet.
- You drive the creative process and empower everyone around you to contribute.
- You provide clear creative direction with timely and helpful feedback that keeps project work on budget and on schedule.
- You strive to improve internal and client-facing creative processes.
- You’re excited about an opportunity to work on amazing, diverse, cutting-edge, digital product solutions.
- You’ve got at least 10 years of professional design experience under your belt.
- You have experience mentoring designers. You understand the importance of fostering individual growth for each one on your team and providing them with constructive feedback that’s candid yet encouraging.
Applicants must provide a digital portfolio with work examples of native mobile and responsive web based applications.
Why work for Mutual Mobile? We make great products. We craft beautiful mobile interfaces and solve complex software challenges. Clients such as Google, lynda.com, Citi, Nike, and Under Armour come to us for our deep experience in mobile and emerging technology — from establishing a mobile strategy that provides impactful business value, to building those solutions from the ground up. We bring together the brightest minds in interactive & visual design, engineering, and business management to deliver solutions that actually matter.
You’ll love working here, because this isn’t a company of silos. Team members are empowered and encouraged to pursue cool ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. If your passion extends beyond the role, we’ll invite your views and assistance with improving our culture, systems and processes. We know you’re smart, and that you love learning new technologies--so you’ll be able to work on a variety of projects with many different types of people.
Mutual Mobile History